CIM DIPLOMA IN PROFESSIONAL MARKETING & CIM DIPLOMA IN PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MARKETING (LEVEL 6)
These two level 6 qualifications are for those who are working at a strategic level in marketing who want to develop their current marketing knowledge and skills.
Who is it for?
These qualifications are suitable for those in a more strategic marketing role for example; Marketing Executives, Marketing Managers, Account Managers or Business Development Managers with at least two years’ experience.
How will I be assessed?
All modules for both qualifications are assessed by completing work-based assignments.
You should have one of the following:
- CIM Level 4 qualification (e.g. Professional Certificate in Marketing or Certificate in Professional Marketing)
- Any relevant Level 4 qualification
- Foundation Degree in Business with Marketing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a recognised university, with at least one third of credits coming from marketing content (ie 120 credits in Bachelor's degrees or 60 credits in Master's degrees).
- Relevant marketing experience
What qualification do I receive?
To gain the Level 6 CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing qualification, you are required to pass two mandatory modules and one elective module.
To gain the Level 6 CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing qualification, you are required to pass three mandatory modules.
How is it delivered and how long will it take?
The course comprises three modules. We deliver the Diploma courses via part-time evenings. Until it is safe to go back, we are delivering the course virtually from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. When we are safe to return, our classes are face to face and run from 6.30pm to 9pm. The course lasts for three 12-week terms, so you should complete either Diploma course within a year.
WHAT WILL I LEARN ?
During your time with us studying for the Diploma, you will cover:
Develop a marketing audit and marketing plan.
IMPLEMENT DIGITAL STRATEGIES
Implement digital strategies, integrating them into the strategic marketing plan.
Apply principles of innovation through the marketing function.
Develop a brand plan to deliver brand strategy.
Identify key marketing metrics and use measurement techniques.
Identify and interpret insights to inform strategic decisions.
Achieve competitive advantage through innovation and entrepreneurial marketing.
Select appropriate channels to meet marketing objectives.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST ?
The total cost of your Diploma course is as follows:
Payable to London Marketing Set:
• You can pay in full, £2,400 + VAT (enrol before 30th June and lock in a reduced COVID-19 fee of £1,980 +vat!)
• Or in 8 monthly instalments of £365
Payable to CIM
• Assessment fees (x 3): £190
Studying for CIM was a rewarding experience. It has allowed me to pursue a great career and I still use the techniques and ideas I learned at the time in my current role. The CIM qualifications give you the confidence and ‘know how’ to interact effectively with senior management.
The modules for the Diploma are:
This is a mandatory module for both the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing and the CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing.
This module will enable you to take both a traditional and digital strategic approach to marketing planning, integrating digital strategy, models, frameworks and techniques throughout to achieve competitive advantage. You will be able to recognise the significance of situation analysis and use techniques to assess the external and internal environments that enable effective decision making. You will also be able to apply all stages within the marketing planning process – from the audit, through strategic decision making, to implementation of plans across both traditional and digital channels. Finally, you will learn how to manage resources and employ monitoring and measurement techniques that enable the achievement of strategic marketing objectives
Unit 1: Situation analysis
- Understand how to analyse an organisation’s current and future internal and external environments
- Interpret relevant information and insights to recommend and inform strategic decision making.
Unit 2: Planning
- Develop marketing objectives and strategy to deliver organisational objectives
- Develop a strategic marketing plan and a supporting marketing mix to deliver marketing objectives.
Unit 3: Implementation and control
- Define the resources required to deliver the strategic marketing plan
- Apply the results of monitoring and measurements, and adapt the marketing plan for continuous improvement plan for continuous improvement.
This is a mandatory module for the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
This module enables you to take a visionary approach and embed innovation to help your organisation deal with the challenges of a fast-moving marketplace. You will be able to understand the relationship between marketing and innovation and recognise the key factors in building and nurturing innovation within the marketing function. You will also be able to use internal and external marketing in supporting a specific innovation.
Unit 1: Innovation
- Understand how innovation and disruption are influencing organisational growth
- Assess the key factors that facilitate innovation in organisations.
Unit 2: Innovate marketing
- Apply principles of innovation throughout the marketing function
- Develop a business case for a marketing related innovation.
Unit 3: Innovation in action
- Understand the activities required for the implementation of innovative marketing
- Develop a plan for the communication of innovation.
This is an elective module for the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
This module enables you to take a strategic approach to branding at a product/service level so that it is consistent with the corporate brand and impacts reputation positively. You will gain the skills to establish and position brand strategy, and also manage the brand so it continues to deliver the brand promise. You will also be able to ensure the success of the brand through adequate resourcing and monitor and maintain the brand in the long term.
Unit 1: Brand strategy
- Understand how brands are defined and positioned to add value to organisations
- Assess the elements of brand strategy
Unit 2: Brand management
- Understand the factors that drive brand identity and success
- Develop a brand plan to deliver the brand strategy.
Unit 3: Brand metrics
- Apply a range of techniques to manage the resources to deliver the brand plan
- Interpret brand metrics and adapt the brand plan for continuous improvement.
This is an elective module for the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing.
This module enables you to adopt a strategic approach to the implementation of marketing plans to meet marketing and business objectives. You will be able to deploy a full range of resources to optimise marketing results in an efficient and effective manner. Finally, you will gain the knowledge and skills to manage finances, which are essential in ensuring a return on the marketing investment, made within your organisation.
Unit 1: Managing people
- Develop and manage the marketing team
- Know how to improve marketing performance through people
Unit 2: Marketing resources
- Assess the effectiveness of the current resource mix
- Develop plans to improve marketing performance through an optimised resource mix
Unit 3: Marketing financials
- Apply appropriate techniques to manage the marketing budget
- Define ways of monitoring, evaluating and reporting the financial performance of marketing
This is an elective module for the CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing and a mandatory module for the CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing.
Customer behaviour has dramatically changed with the digital revolution. This module provides you with insights into the digital customer experience and highlights ways to adapt to this changing market, allowing you to fulfil customers’ strategic needs. It will provide the knowledge and skills to select appropriate channels to market to meet objectives. It will also help to ensure you provide the desired customer experience, by understanding the customer’s journey while complying with relevant legislation and regulation.
Unit 1: Channel selection and customer insights
- Assess the strategic options for channel selection
- Understand relevant insights into digital customers.
Unit 2: Managing channels
- Understand how digital channels are managed effectively in practice
- Define requirements for legal compliance in digital campaigns.
Unit 3: Digital customer experience
- Understand the customer journey
- Develop plans to improve the user experience
This is a mandatory module for the CIM Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing.
For many organisations, adopting digital marketing has involved transforming aspects of their practice and application. This module will provide you with an in-depth understanding of the strategic implications of developments in the digital environment, as well as their impact on marketing. This will enable you to integrate and optimise digital marketing as well as develop strategic responses to change. You will also be able to ensure responses are measured to evidence success.
Unit 1: Digital insights
- Understand the strategic implications of the changing digital environment on organisations
- Interpret relevant insights from the wider digital environment.
Unit 2: Digital optimisation
- Develop responses to changing stakeholder needs and behaviours
- Develop a conversion optimisation plan.
Unit 3: Digital analytics, monitoring and measurement
- Assess digital metrics and analytics
- Apply key digital measures to analyse optimisation
What will I do after the course?
By the time you finish this qualification, you will probably want a rest from studying. Once you have had a break, and gained a few more years’ experience at a more senior level, consider studying the next level up – the Marketing Leadership Programme.