CIM CERTIFICATE IN PROFESSIONAL MARKETING & CIM CERTIFICATE IN PROFESSIONAL DIGITAL MARKETING (LEVEL 4)
These two level 4 qualifications are for aspiring marketers or digital marketers who want to gain knowledge and skills to progress a successful career in digital marketing or digital marketing.
Who is it for?
Both qualifications are suitable for those in a marketing support roles e.g. marketing assistants or whose current job encompasses elements of marketing or digital marketing. Ideally, you need at least one year’s experience and be in current employment in a marketing or digital marketing role.
How will I be assessed?
The (Applied) Marketing module is assessed via a multiple-choice exam. The other modules are assessed by completing work-based assignments.
You should have one of the following:
- CIM Level 3 qualification (e.g. Foundation or Introductory Certificate)
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification (e.g A levels)
- Any UK degree or international equivalent
- International Baccalaureate
What qualification do I receive?
To gain the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Marketing qualification, you are required to pass the Applied Marketing, Planning Campaigns and Customer Insights modules.
To gain the Level 4 Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing qualification, you are required to pass the Applied Marketing, Planning Campaigns and Digital Marketing Techniques modules.
How is it delivered and how long will it take?
Both Certificate courses comprise of three modules. We deliver the Certificate courses via part-time evenings. Until it is safe to go back, we are delivering the course virtually from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. When we are safe to return, our classes are face to face and run from 6.30pm to 9pm. The course lasts for three 12-week terms, so you should complete either Certificate course within a year.
BOOK YOUR OPEN EVENING NOW
WHAT WILL I LEARN ?
During your time with us studying for the Certificate in Professional Marketing or the Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing, you will cover many of the following topics:
Develop a marketing mix to attract new customers and retain existing ones.
Use different types of marketing research to help you make decisions.
Adapt your marketing tools to influence buyers at each stage of the purchasing process .
Get the best from other departments in your organisation through internal marketing.
Develop a campaign plan to most effectively appeal to your customers.
Identify ‘touchpoints’ with your customers and provide the right service at the right time.
Use all the tools in the digital marketing tools box most effectively.
Understand what influences customers to purchase your products or services.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST ?
The total cost of your Certificate in Professional Marketing course or your Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing course is as follows:
Payable to London Marketing Set:
Cost of the course (material, workshops, tutor feedback):
• You can pay in full, £1,980 + VAT (special price for Sept 20 course due to COVID-19)
• Or in 8 monthly instalments of £302
Payable to CIM
• Assessment fees: £495
My CIM qualification has given me the confidence to further develop my marketing career. Having the CIM qualification on my CV has enabled me to successfully apply for a marketing managers role. It has equipped me with the skills and knowledge to speak the language of marketing and impress the board!
The modules for the Certificate are:
You will recognise the importance of marketing’s role in driving success and delivering results. This module provides the knowledge and understanding of the function of marketing within the organisation and demonstrates how an appreciation of customer behaviour can enable effective targeting. It outlines an understanding of how external environmental influences affect planning and how information enables decision making. It also covers the elements of the marketing mix and how these are applied to address market and customer needs.
Unit 1: The marketing concept
- Understand the role and function of marketing
- Understand what influences customer/consumer behaviour
Unit 2: Analysis and insight
- Identify factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing planning
- Identify options for gathering relevant marketing information
Unit 3: Marketing mix
- Know the elements of the marketing mix
- Apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs
This module aims to enable understanding of the importance of effective campaign planning to build sustainable relationships and delivering customer value. It explains how the concept of product and brand management can enable organisations to deliver customer value. It outlines the components of the marketing communications mix and enables understanding of integrated marketing communications (IMC) planning.
Unit 1: Campaign Process
- Understand the process of planning a campaign
- Know how to undertake and internal and external situational analysis
Unit 2: Planning Campaigns in Action
- Know how to develop a successful campaign plan
- Understand how to implement a plan in practice
Unit 3: Campaign Success
- Understand the principles of monitoring a marketing campaign
- Know how to undertake a post campaign evaluation
You will understand how deeper knowledge of customer requirements within different contexts allows organisations to enhance customer experience. This module provides the skills and understanding to assess customer expectations in context and to develop and deliver activities that meet those expectations. It introduces customer experience frameworks and highlights how to establish effective monitoring and measurement techniques enabling organisations to improve customer experience.
Unit 1: Fundamentals of Customer Behaviour
- Understand the range of customer contexts in which the marketer operates
- Understand the key factors that influence customer behaviour
Unit 2: Customer experience
- Understand the customer experience
- Know how to enhance the customer experience
Unit 3: Measuring and monitoring
- Understand the range of research and metrics available to monitor customer experiences
- Know how to use and apply research approaches to gain insight and inform decision making
Appreciating the importance of the ever-evolving digital landscape and understanding how to develop skills, you will learn how to improve digital marketing effectiveness. This module provides awareness of the nature of the challenges and opportunities within the digital environment and outlines the skills and tools required to support and enhance marketing activities. It identifies the importance of effective digital monitoring and measurement techniques that enable organisations to improve digital marketing effectiveness performance.
Unit 1: Digital Techniques
- Understand digital marketing tools and techniques
- Assess different applications of digital marketing
Unit 2: Digital Enhancement
- Know how to integrate digital and offline marketing
- Understand approaches to enhancing stakeholder engagement
Unit 3: Digital Management
- Know how to develop a digital marketing plan
- Apply and adapt digital marketing analysis
What will I do after the course?
By the time you finish this qualification, you will probably want a rest from studying. Once you have had a break, and gained a few more years’ experience at a more senior level, consider studying the next level up – a Diploma in Professional Marketing or a Diploma in Professional Digital Marketing.