CIM Foundation Certificate
Foundation Certificate in Professional Marketing
This qualification is for aspiring marketers who want to gain knowledge and skills to start or progress a successful career in marketing.
Who is it for?
This qualification is for people of all ages and stages of their career. It is ideal for those considering or starting out on a career in marketing or for managers in non-marketing functions. Small business owners and entrepreneurs also find the Foundation Certificate a great introduction to marketing. No experience is necessary.
How will I be assessed?
The Marketing Principles module is assessed via an on-line multiple-choice exam. The other modules are assessed by completing work-based assignments.
There are no entry requirements for the Foundation Certificate.
What qualification do I receive?
To gain the qualification you are required to pass the mandatory module, Marketing Principles and one elective module.
If you choose the Customer Communications elective, your qualification will be CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing (Customer Communications).
If you choose the Digital Essentials elective, your qualification will be CIM Foundation Certificate in Marketing (Digital Essentials).
How is it delivered and how long will it take?
The course comprises three modules. We deliver the course via part-time evening or full-time, please download a prospectus for a timetable. The course is delivered over three 12 week terms, so you should complete the Certificate within nine months.
WHAT WILL I LEARN ?
During your time with us studying for the Foundation Certificate, you will cover:
Learn and understand the key terms used in marketing.
Understand your customers and identify their need and wants.
Adapt your marketing tools to influence buyers.
Communicate most effectively with your customers using both traditional and digital media.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST ?
The total cost of your Foundation Certificate course is as follows:
Payable to London Marketing Set:
• You can pay in full, £1,490+ VAT
• Or module by module, £800+ VAT
• Or in 6 monthly instalments of £298
Payable to CIM
• Assessment fees (x 2): £105
The CIM qualification helped me expand my knowledge and implement the basic skills of marketing into by in my day to day work. I would definitely consider studying for the next level CIM qualification moving forward!
The modules for the Foundation Certificate are:
You will understand the key concepts and terminology used in marketing. This module also gives you a knowledge and understanding of the role and function of marketing within organisations and explores the factors that can influence consumer behaviour. You will identify key components of the marketing environment and develop an appreciation of how to collect and use relevant information. The module outlines the concepts and elements which make up the marketing mix and shows you how they are applied in context.
Unit 1: Discovering marketing
- Describe the role and function of marketing within organisations
- Explain the factors that influence consumer behaviour
Unit 2: The marketing environment
- Identify the key components of the marketing environment
- Know how to collect relevant information about the marketing environment
Unit 3: The marketing mix
- Describe the concept and elements of the marketing mix
- Know how the marketing mix is applied in different contextual setting
This module provides an understanding of how marketing communications can be used in practice to engage with customers. It enables appreciation of the customer and considers the importance of the nature of relationships and how they are managed and monitored. You will gain knowledge and understanding of the purpose and process of marketing communications, and the range of tools available. You will also explore how to develop a successful marketing communications campaign and learn how the campaign can be put into practice.
Unit 1: Who are customers?
- Develop an understanding of different types of customers
- Understand the nature and importance of customer relationships
Unit 2: Communicating with customers
- Outline the purpose and process of marketing communications
- Understand the use of a range of different marketing communications tools
Unit 3: Creating a marketing communications campaign
- Develop an outline marketing communications campaign
- Illustrate how the marketing communications campaign will be put into practice
This module provides an understanding of what is meant by digital marketing and the key communication tools used. It outlines the key factors that influence the digital consumer including social networks and virtual communities. It identifies the importance of developing campaign content aimed at specific market segments and how campaigns can be measured.
Unit 1: Fundamentals of digital marketing
- Understand what is meant by digital marketing
- Examine the key factors that influence the digital consumer
Unit 2: Digital marketing communications
- Understand the key digital marketing communications tools
- Know how to develop digital marketing content
Unit 3: Working on digital campaigns
- Develop digital marketing communications campaigns
- Understand methods of measuring digital marketing communications campaigns
What will I do after the course?
By the time you finish this qualification, you will probably want a rest from studying. Once you have had a break, and gained a year or more experience in marketing, consider studying the next level up – a CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing.