Certificate in Professional Marketing
This qualification is for aspiring marketers who want to gain knowledge and skills to progress a successful career in marketing.
Who is it for?
This qualification is suitable for those in a marketing support roles e.g. marketing assistants or whose current job encompasses elements of marketing. Ideally, you need at least one year’s experience and be in current employment in a marketing role.
How will I be assessed?
The Marketing module is assessed via a multiple-choice exam. The other modules are assessed by completing work-based assignments.
You should have one of the following:
- CIM Level 3 qualification (e.g. Foundation or Introductory Certificate)
- Any relevant Level 3 qualification (e.g A levels)
- Any UK degree or international equivalent
- International Baccalaureate
What qualification do I receive?
To gain the qualification you are required to pass two mandatory modules and one elective module.
If you choose the Customer Experience elective, your qualification will be CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing (Customer Experience).
If you choose the Digital Marketing elective, your qualification will be CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing (Digital Marketing).
How is it delivered and how long will it take?
The course comprises of three modules. We deliver the CIM Certificate via part-time evenings, Saturdays or full-time, please download a prospectus for a timetable. The course lasts for three 12 week terms, so you should complete the Certificate within twelve months.
WHAT WILL I LEARN ?
During your time with us studying for the Certificate, you will cover:
Develop a marketing mix to attract new customers and retain existing ones.
Use different types of marketing research to help you make decisions.
Adapt your marketing tools to influence buyers at each stage of the purchasing process .
Get the best from other departments in your organisation through internal marketing.
Develop a communications plan to most effectively appeal to your customers.
Identify ‘touchpoints’ with your customers and provide the right service at the right time.
Use all the tools in the digital marketing tools box most effectively.
Understand what influences customers to purchase your products or services.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST ?
The total cost of your Certificate course is as follows:
Payable to London Marketing Set:
Cost of the course (material, workshops, tutor feedback):
• You can pay in full, £2,200 + VAT
• Or module by module, £820 + VAT
• Or in 8 monthly instalments of £335
Payable to CIM
• Assessment fees (x 3): £145
My CIM qualification has given me the confidence to further develop my marketing career. Having the CIM qualification on my CV has enabled me to successfully apply for a marketing managers role. It has equipped me with the skills and knowledge to speak the language of marketing and impress the board!
The modules for the Certificate are:
You will recognise the importance of marketing’s role in driving success and delivering results. This module provides the knowledge and understanding of the function of marketing within the organisation and demonstrates how an appreciation of customer behaviour can enable effective targeting. It outlines an understanding of how external environmental influences affect planning and how information enables decision making. It also covers the elements of the marketing mix and how these are applied to address market and customer needs.
Unit 1: The marketing concept
- Understand the role and function of marketing
- Understand what influences customer/consumer behaviour
Unit 2: Analysis and insight
- Identify factors and trends in the marketing environment and how they affect marketing planning
- Identify options for gathering relevant marketing information
Unit 3: Marketing mix
- Know the elements of the marketing mix
- Apply and adapt the marketing mix to satisfy customer needs
This module aims to enable understanding of the importance of effective internal and external communications in building sustainable relationships and delivering customer value. It provides the opportunity to recognise the importance of communications planning in delivering marketing solutions. It explains how the concept of product and brand management can enable organisations to deliver customer value. It outlines the components of the marketing communications mix and enables understanding of integrated marketing communications (IMC) planning.
Unit 1: Internal marketing
- Know how to build cross-functional relationships
- Understand how to harness resources to deliver effective marketing solutions
Unit 2: Value proposition
- Create effective communications to deliver value to customers
- Understand product and brand management
Unit 3: Marketing communications
- Understand the components of the marketing communications mix
- Develop integrated marketing communications
You will understand how deeper knowledge of customer requirements within different contexts allows organisations to enhance customer experience. This module provides the skills and understanding to assess customer expectations in context and to develop and deliver activities that meet those expectations. It introduces customer experience frameworks and highlights how to establish effective monitoring and measurement techniques enabling organisations to improve customer experience.
Unit 1: Customer context
- Understand the range of different contexts across which marketers operate
- Understand the importance of customer expectations
Unit 2: Customer experience
- Understand the different dimensions of customer experience
- Deliver activities that enhance customer experience
Unit 3: Measuring and monitoring
- Know how to monitor and measure customer experience in context
- Use metrics to improve future customer experience
Appreciating the importance of the ever-evolving digital landscape and understanding how to develop skills, you will learn how to improve digital marketing effectiveness. This module provides awareness of the nature of the challenges and opportunities within the digital environment and outlines the skills and tools required to support and enhance marketing activities. It identifies the importance of effective digital monitoring and measurement techniques that enable organisations to improve digital marketing effectiveness performance.
Unit 1: The digital landscape
- Understand the opportunities and challenges presented through the disruptive digital environment
- Assess the impact and influence of the dynamic digital environment
Unit 2: Digital toolkit
- Know how key digital tools can support and enhance marketing
- Understand the relevance of digital platforms and channels in context
Unit 3: Digital in action
- Develop digital activities to support and enhance multichannel marketing
- Apply the key principles involved in monitoring and measuring digital marketing effectiveness
What will I do after the course?
By the time you finish this qualification, you will probably want a rest from studying. Once you have had a break, and gained a few more years’ experience at a more senior level, consider studying the next level up – a Diploma in Professional Marketing.